It’s tough out there at the moment for everyone, so if anyone wants to move over to the tech PR sector (can apply to others too), then here are a few simple tips:
- Know about technology, you don’t have to be an expert, but show a desire to work with gadgets, software, shiny things and not so shiny but very important technologies
- Read the website of the company that you are pitching to
- Read their clients’ website’s news sections to see what coverage they have generated
- Read their blogs, twitter feeds, facebook groups etc and follow them if you are serious about working there
- Find out about their culture – we are a virtual PR agency, so would probably not suit young graduates
- Why not give them a call before sending in the CV. Get some tips on how they want to hear from you.