So here are my top tips:
- Read the questions, criteria, and categories carefully
- Select a category that you think you have a good chance of winning – awards take a lot of effort, so on entering you need to be confident that you can win
- Gather all data ensuring that you can create an entry that has some substance
- Include powerful facts and figures (and back them up if they seem too good to be true)
- Explain why you should win right up front and also remind the judges at the end
- Answer each question fully without waffling as you’ll have a word limit to stick too
- Highlight text, embolden, use relevant images or more to make your entry stand out
- Check out last year’s winners – can you find any judges comments to give you a steer?
- Give yourself plenty of time to organise approvals
- Make your supporting evidence compelling – sometimes it acts as a tie-breaker
If you’d like to find out more about our B2B PR services, get in touch.